Skip to main content

Day 3 - New day, new quilling adventure

So today I said to myself that I need stuffy stuff like :

1.  a cutter ( yes I know it's weird that I didn't had one)
2.  a  light box. 

Looked at the prices of a light box, had a small hearth attach, and decided to make one from scratch so I needed:


Fast forward made my own light box:

Good to do :
  •  Get cute decoration lights with batteries to use them in the house when you are not using the light box  ( win-win )
  • I use the container for storing some of my quilling stuff when not used as the light box. I keep repeating my self today.



3. a pattern-notebook-template-thing - this is a math small notebook in which I doodle what I want to be my next project. I was inspired today so I have my next 5 projects doodled ( can't wait to do them!)


I bored you enough so let's start talking about today's try of a project :

Steps:
 - pick a project from notebook - checked (see on the left)

- start picking colors - I made some side notes on this project with what colors I wanted to used, I ended up using mostly other color so I will not do that anymore.
- after making 80% of the little pieces I use like:  teardrops, coils,.. time to kill my design with pins and the newly made pieses
- waited especially for the vase to dry  and then used my new made light box to put the pieces on the base paper

WARNING: Be very careful with pisses like my vase :( one teardrop uncoil and it was a mess

I try fixing and ended up with this:


I know it's not perfect but I like it and that's important. It goes on my panel with stuffy stuff made by me.

Hope tomorrow will be a better day with no unwanted uncoiling.


* My relationship with glue is still complicated I should by him chocolates.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilling adventure - first candle holder and other stuff

Hello! Yes, I'm back! In this time did not do much but a short sumary.  Let's start with the good news: did a candle holder, MY FIRST ONE! YYYEEEYYY Bad pictures coming up. Side view Up view Up view - no candle Button view Did another baby card: Yesterday made some cards for my mystery project ... bad cards Yesterday started to work on a boot. I have a quilling box project started as well. Did only the buttom, I'm not sure how tall should I make it.  Inspiration link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/514606694902892584/ Today: mystery cards Angel from the back Christmas hat Flowers - they started as snowflakes in my mind but did not work as expected. I know to many projects at a time and not enough time, but after winter Holiday will be over everything will go back to normal. Note: no description how where they done added. If you want to know ask please but I think is straight forward......

Day1 - Drawing Challenge

Of course I am busy and of course I will start other stuff that maybe I should not, so I decided to start a old challenge that I did last year. Some of the drawings I will compare them with the old ones to se if I god better on drawing or worst. So... the challenge is here:  http://sketchbooknation.com/sketchbook-challenge/   (this is not mine - Free publicity :) ) It is fun because if you don't know hot to do the challenge you have a video that shows you step by step, or just images. Alexandra stop blabing!. .. Day one challenge was a bee: On the left you have the original and the first try last year and on the right the new and improve version  * the first challenge was draw on a smaller draw-book then this ears challenge I will not criticize me, that's your job!

Day 15&16 - Quilling adventure - You win some you lose some

Sorry I did not post yesterday but .. let's just say it was not a good day for quilling, but today was better so I will start to tell you about today's win. Both days started with a adult coloring book ( yes I am guilty, lock me up I have one of does). To be honest with you guys I'm not that fond of it, I don't find it relaxing at all, I think it's the devils making, but It has nice designs / patterns than I think can be made with quilling. So today I choose flower stuffy-thing: Before you ask, yes I killed my color book by ripping the page ( will not make the same mistake like yesterday- tell you more later). This for me is a complicated project and I know I don't want to rush so it will take me more then one night. Started working with my old paper: 0.5 width and 30 cm long ( you know the drill), after some hard work I finish a flower, .... but no rest for me and did some leaves and started another flower... It's starting to look ...