Skip to main content

Day 7 - Quilling adventure - Halloween try project

So yesterday I found this lovely drawing that I did last year and of course I decided why should I do small project let's do again something more complicated. Why? Because it's a cute drawing of course.
The first question is where should I start? Should I start with the tail or the pumpkin or the cat. What colors should I use, what paper, what quilling tools. Questions, questions, questions... decisions, decisions, decisions ...

Made the following decisions:

  • quilling paper: 30 cm length and 0.5 width
  • colors: 
    1. red for the color
    • blue for the medalion
    • pumpkin - orange shade and black
    • cat - orange shade - a little light shade of orange than the pumpkin
    • had - black color
  • quilling tools:
    • quilling needle
    • quilling comb
    • circle pattern
    • glue + toothpicks
    • sponge fix the paper with pins 
  • where to start:
    • the HAT
    • the collar with medalion

For the hat: I used black paper and made some teardrops, some white and yellow paper to make the buckle. I put a strip of black paper to hold everything and pin them. Pin, pin, pin.. :D
For the medallion: Red and blue. The red part was made with a comb like day 5 - leafs.
For the ears: pink with orange
For the tail -  a orange teardrop made from 2-3 strips (I do not remember)


After everything except the pumpkin was glued and dried I moved the kitty to the white paper.


Made the pumpkin and tha-da.


The comparison between the 2:


Notes:
  1. Glue with toothpick works better and better
  2. Halloween is coming so I will do more Halloween stuff :)
  3. Yes I did not do yesterday a project... sorry
Have a great weekend!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilling adventure - first candle holder and other stuff

Hello! Yes, I'm back! In this time did not do much but a short sumary.  Let's start with the good news: did a candle holder, MY FIRST ONE! YYYEEEYYY Bad pictures coming up. Side view Up view Up view - no candle Button view Did another baby card: Yesterday made some cards for my mystery project ... bad cards Yesterday started to work on a boot. I have a quilling box project started as well. Did only the buttom, I'm not sure how tall should I make it.  Inspiration link: https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/514606694902892584/ Today: mystery cards Angel from the back Christmas hat Flowers - they started as snowflakes in my mind but did not work as expected. I know to many projects at a time and not enough time, but after winter Holiday will be over everything will go back to normal. Note: no description how where they done added. If you want to know ask please but I think is straight forward......

Day1 - Drawing Challenge

Of course I am busy and of course I will start other stuff that maybe I should not, so I decided to start a old challenge that I did last year. Some of the drawings I will compare them with the old ones to se if I god better on drawing or worst. So... the challenge is here:  http://sketchbooknation.com/sketchbook-challenge/   (this is not mine - Free publicity :) ) It is fun because if you don't know hot to do the challenge you have a video that shows you step by step, or just images. Alexandra stop blabing!. .. Day one challenge was a bee: On the left you have the original and the first try last year and on the right the new and improve version  * the first challenge was draw on a smaller draw-book then this ears challenge I will not criticize me, that's your job!

Day 15&16 - Quilling adventure - You win some you lose some

Sorry I did not post yesterday but .. let's just say it was not a good day for quilling, but today was better so I will start to tell you about today's win. Both days started with a adult coloring book ( yes I am guilty, lock me up I have one of does). To be honest with you guys I'm not that fond of it, I don't find it relaxing at all, I think it's the devils making, but It has nice designs / patterns than I think can be made with quilling. So today I choose flower stuffy-thing: Before you ask, yes I killed my color book by ripping the page ( will not make the same mistake like yesterday- tell you more later). This for me is a complicated project and I know I don't want to rush so it will take me more then one night. Started working with my old paper: 0.5 width and 30 cm long ( you know the drill), after some hard work I finish a flower, .... but no rest for me and did some leaves and started another flower... It's starting to look ...